Friday, November 6, 2015

5 for Friday


For the first time in a long time, I'm linking up for Five for Friday


I feel like every night this week I have had something to do. From graduate school to conference night I am EXHAUSTED!! I am definitely using tonight to sit back and relax.

This week I received a new guided reading/small group table and I couldn't have been more excited! All of last year and up until this week, my guided reading table has been a semi circle with no cut out in the middle. This made it impossible for me to reach all my kids as they were reading! Not to mention the table was huge and took up a TON of room!  Now that I have my new table, I have a lot of extra space and I am so excited about rearranging!! 

Sunday is my grandma's birthday and I am making a strawberry cake for the very first time! Advise from you long time bakers ?!?!

With conferences being on Thursday night I did a lot of progress monitoring this week. I am so thrilled to say about 95% of my students grew in all the assessments I gave them! Some of them have not grown a full reading level yet, but have mastered all their digraphs and most of the s, l, and r blends we have been working on !! Hooray ! 

With conferences and the fall festival these past two weeks, my school had a door decorating contest. Many teachers did a Halloween theme, but my teammate and I joined up together for a Fall scene! Lucky for us we have 2 amazing teacher assistants that worked extremely hard! We WON !! 
Under the pumpkins our students sequenced a story! We adapted the cute activity from A Cupcake for the Teacher !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment