Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Guided Reading Centers.. HELP !!

As you know this is my first year teaching first grade! While I am adjusting well, there are a few things that I still haven't quite gotten the hang of just yet. Activities for my Word Work and Writing centers is a biggie for me. I can't wrap my brain around solid Common Core word work and writing activities for my lovely babies to do when I am meeting with a group. At the beginning of the year, as we were adjusting to centers, we did a lot of rainbow write and magnetic letters, along with making words with Play-Doh. However, my students have grown tired of those, and I feel that I need something more meaningful. I know they should be practicing their sight words, as well as the spelling pattern we are discussing that week, but when I start to think of activities, I get a brain block. 

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for all your help :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Whitney! You commented on my blog Chalkboard Charm a few weeks ago asking about help teaching sight words in your classroom! I replied to your comment asking for your email to give you a few ideas but I figured you didn't get the reply since I never heard back from you! But I am so willing to help! Email me at lindsey.nihart {at} gmail {dot} com and I would love to chat with you!

    ReplyDelete