Friday, July 17, 2015

Five for Friday

I can never think of 5 things for the 5 for Friday Link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching but I'm going to try really hard today :) 





I have been working a lot this summer, with my teammate and our media coordinator, to build a guided reading room. We took sets of books from all the classroom and leveled them all. I am happy to say, we are finally almost finished. It was a L   O   N   G process but it will be so worth it when school starts back! 

Do you like to bake? Do you LOVE lemon cupcakes? That same teammate hosted a game night, aka another excuse for me to use that new KitchenAid mixer:) I made these delicious lemon cupcakes with lemon icing! 


 I just joined the Periscope community. Follow me @FabulousFunInGrade1


 I have also been working on my classroom a lot these past few weeks. I know, I should be enjoying my summer but I have a busy few weeks planned and wanted to get most of my room finished before I leave for a 2 week vacation :) 

I fell in love with School Girl Style's post about the classroom makeover she did. I loved bright paper lanterns with the black and white chevron. I originally had planned to use turquoise, lime, and bright orange but at the last minute had a change of heart and went with the turquoise, lime, and hot pink. I needed to cater to my girls some how! Based on that color scheme I made new cards for my word wall over the past few days and I have to say I am in love with them! && there is a sneak peak of my no where near finished room! 

Getting married in September last year did not give me a lot of time for a Honeymoon. Just recently the hubby and I decided to book a Royal Caribbean cruise, during Spring Break, as a second Honeymoon of sorts. If you have been on a cruise with Royal Caribbean and have any tips/tricks/advice I would love to hear it! 

6 comments:

  1. I love the colors in your classroom! It's looking great.

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have two bulletin boards up too. I forgot to take a picture and we can't get back into the building for a whole week !! :(

      Delete
  2. I use the same colors in my classroom. PS - I might need to "borrow" your black ribbon on the lanterns idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it ! School Girl Style had a bow tied around the ribbon right at the lantern and it was adorable! IF I remember to pick up some more ribbon, I might just have to borrow that idea from her :)

      Delete
  3. The lemon cakes look great!! Enjoy your cruise i'm sure its going to be fabulous!!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LEMON CUPCAKES.. Ive never been on a cruise but im sure it would be fun. Ive been on a submarine :) I love love love the colors mine is navy,yellow,and grey.. and Its going to be filled with pete the cat :)


    Elisa @ Ms.C's Kinder Friends

    ReplyDelete